We recognise that meaningful and lasting changes to Victoria’s mental health system and improvements to mental health outcomes can only happen by listening and respecting the views of Victorian communities.
We want to hear from as many different people as possible and we will provide multiple ways for people to share their experiences and make contributions.
Throughout the life of the Commission, we will gather information from individuals and organisations through:
- community consultations, including:
- community forums for the general public, people living with mental illness, their family members and carers and those with an interest in mental health
- sessions for people living with mental illness, their family members or carers who may prefer to attend a dedicated discussion
- roundtables on local issues
- written submissions by email and post
- submissions through audio recordings, videos
- contributions through online forums, including discussion groups and social media
- stakeholder and expert roundtables
- site visits
- data and documentation provided by key agencies (including government and researchers)
The following information provides indicative milestones for the conduct of the Commission. We will continue to post further updates and more information on this website as they arise.
We will keep the community informed about what we will be doing through regular updates on the Commission’s website.
You can register here to receive regular updates and hear about opportunities to contribute to the Commission’s work.
If you or a loved one requires support, the following services can help you:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- beyondblue: 1300 224 636